January 1, 2013

Creative Year in Review

Without a doubt, 2012 was the busiest, happiest year of my life. Welcoming our first born has been a joy from start to finish! I've definitely had less time for creating this past year, but creating keeps me sane during the stressful times. I'm so lucky to be a My Favorite Things team member, not only is this team packed full of super sweet, talented women, but we get to create with the MOST amazing products out there!

Here are my favourite projects from 2012! (click on the project names to go to the original post for all the details!)

January - Oval Window Treat Boxes


These Oval Window Treat Boxes were a blast to make! They feature the Notched Tag Die-namics and Notched Tag Sentiment Stamps and I also created a video on how I made them.

February - Better Place


This card uses the first Vertical Greetings stamps and Die-namics.

March - Friends are like Rainbows


This clean and simple card was my favourite in March. I still love the umbrella created from scraps!

April - Vertical Greetings II


Yup, I love the Vertical Greetings range! April saw the second set released and this blue and pink shabby chic creation was my favourite.

May - Christmas Wreath


In May I cut a LOT of Royal Leaves for this Christmas Wreath!

June - Dad (and baby!)


In June my biggest project ever was finally finished (just a tad overdue!)

Other than our gorgeous boy, this card for Shanan was my favourite creation of the month. While I was pregnant, Shanan would whisper "I am your Father" to my bump, so this sentiment from Masculine Graphic Tee was perfect!

July -  Christmas in July


I had a blast making these tags in July using the Traditional Tags STAX and Inspired by Christmas.

August - Polished to Perfection


I really liked the effect of spotlighting just the bottle on this card. Creating the Layered Rose from vellum started a bit of a trend for me.

September - Spooktacular


The Lollipop Treat Halloween stamp set and Die-namics is just TOO cool. I really loved creating spooky treats like this one!

October - Yee Haw!


October saw me going a little country and creating this card using the Howdy stamp set. I still think the Beautiful Bows Die-namics are a must have!

November - Stocking Card


This shaped card was fun to make using the Jumbo Stocking Die-namics. It uses the Vertical Gift Card Pocket to hold a gift for someone special!

December - A Thousand Words


If I had to pick my fave products from the whole year, first I'd stall for a few days, but ultimately, the InstaFrame Die-namics and Captured Memories stamp set might top the list! They make photo cards like this one simply gorgeous.

Thank you for joining me on this look back at 2012, and thank you SO MUCH for all your love and comments throughout the year! They mean so much to me, and I'm looking forward to sharing more creative goodies with you in 2013! Happy New Year, have a wonderful one!

 Thanks for stopping by!  

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous creations. I really love your overdue, June creation. ;o) He is so precious!!

    You are very lucky to be on the MFT team (I adore them), but they are lucky to have you as well. I have said it time and time again... MFT has one of the best DTs around. I am in awe of all the talent on one team.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!