May 1, 2013

Make a Wish

 

Welcome! Today marks the start of Teasers from My Favorite Things for the amazing May release. There are some unique and fun things coming out this month, you're going to love them!



My card today features a new Pure Innocence image, the latest Blueprints set and a new Die-namic I fell in love with right away!

Be sure to stop by the MFT blog for all the links to sneak peeks, info about our NEW designer, and news on how you can win some amazing PRIZES! The new release will happen on May 7th - mark your calendar!

For this card I started by stamping the dots from Distressed Backgrounds in Berrylicious ink on Berrylicious cardstock.

The little cutie was stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pencils using a method I think of as "washed out watercolouring" - if you'd like a video on this simple effect, please let me know! I was going for a very soft focus look so pencils worked better than copics.



The hello is from the new Happy Hellos Die-namics- I LOVE this set! I cut my hello from Blu Raspberry cardstock and covered it with Crystal Stickles.

All the other dies, except for the base layer come from the fab Blueprints 3 set. I can't wait to experiment more with this fantastic die set!


Inside my card I've repeated the background and some of the Blueprints 3 Elements. I also shadow stamped the girl in Pink Lemonade ink.

Don't forget to head over the the MFT Blog to find out how you can be in to win!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:



  

Stamps: PI - Make a Wish, MPD Distressed Backgrounds (MFT Stamps) Paper: Kraft, Pink Lemonade, Blu Raspberry, Razzleberry (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Berrylicious, Pink Lemonade (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 3, Blueprints 1, Happy Hellos (MFT Stamps) Other: Watercolour Pencils, Stickles in Crystal, Pearls, Brilliance Ink

20 comments:

  1. So pretty and I love your glittery hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute stamp and your did a great job coloring her.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, such a sweet card Sarah! Love how the sweet PI image looks watercolored and the shimmery bow adds such a pretty touch! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Sarah! I love the hello with the PI -- great idea!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!!! love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your card and the "washed out watercoloring" and I would just LOVE to see a video on this technique! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors loving these blue prints... yummo

    ReplyDelete
  9. so delish Sarah, lovin the new 'Hello" dies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the soft effect and the hello

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes please to you for a video on the colouring method Sarah.
    Love the glitter on the hello and what a great job you did of the colouring of this little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Love your fab coloring on that darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gracious, this is soooooo cute!!! Love the colors and the glittery hello! Love the water color work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card. I really like your "washed out" coloring technique. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card and would love a tutorial on your coloring artwork. I am sorely in need of help in this area. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Such a pretty look with the bright and soft colors together with such an adorable image.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!